Posted June 11, 2012
With the uncertainty of the real estate climate, home staging can be an effective tool to help sell your home quickly. Hiring someone to prepare your home so it makes a good impression on buyers can really pay off for several reasons.
1. Staged Homes Sell for More Money: Research verifies that stage homes on average sell for more than non-staged home. According to the NAR, stage homes sell for an average of 6.9 to 10 percent over listing price. Additionally, the average staging investment is between 1 and 3 percent of the homes asking price.
2. Staged Homes Sell Faster: Various statistics on the effects of home staging suggest that staged homes sell for 30 percent faster.
3. Low Cost: Most people don't realize that home staging can be accomplished at a very low cost. A 2009 Home Gain Survey found that home staging typically provides a 586% return on investment.
4. Your online photos will stand out: In today's tech savvy world, most buyers usually begin searching for homes first online. In fact, according to a NAR profile on buyers, over 90% of buyers are searching for homes online first before deciding to visit in person. Therefore, it is necessary to give buyers a reason to drive to your home by having several photos of beautifully staged rooms.
5. Sellers cannot View their House Objectively: In other words, if you cannot see your home objectively, then you cannot sell it effectively. Therefore, having a staging professional getting your home into its most advantageous condition for showing is of extreme importance.
6. Proper Staging Highlights your Home's Strength's and Downplays its Weaknesses
7. Only 10% of Buyers Can Visualize a Home's Potential: This statistic proves why home staging is so crucial. By staging a home, you can avoid the fact of your home being overlooked and left up to the buyer's imagination.
8. Staged Homes Appraise for Top Dollar: Staging your home will help secure an attractive appraisal. Once you sell your home, you need the appraisal to come in high enough in order to cover you mortgage.
9. The Money You Make on the Sale of Your Home May be Tax Free: With staging your home, there is the possibility of a tax-free capital gain by getting every dollar possibly while getting a possibly tax deductions or spending on staging services in order to improve and sell your home.
10. Leaving your Home in it's Original State Will Only Help Your Competitors: In today's real estate market, competition is stiff and many buyers have been discovered to have high expectations. Therefore, the key to making sure your home stands out against those of competitors is to engage in professional staging. This is due to the fact that it not only creates compelling online presentations, but also driver buyer traffic to the home, who could ultimately be the potential buyers.